Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

New Opportunities

Well, I unfortunately didn't get the job at Madison High. Today I got texts from about 20 students from the school. Here are a couple samples:

"Mrs. Cooper! You were an amazing teacher and you will get an awesome teaching job someday really soon. You totally had my vote!"

"I think you're a great teacher. I'm sorry about the job. Don't give up. Keep trying. When you get a job, you'll be the best!!!"

When I first heard I didn't get the job, I was sad. But as you can imagine, given my emotional tendencies, reading these texts just made me break down and cry. I really will miss the kids. It is a great school. However, today proved to me that sometimes when one door closes, another one opens. Or even a couple of doors. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

great attitude, Kel! love your blog. I'm super happy I have stuff to read on your blog now. Sorry you didn't get the job but that's cool that those kids loved you so much. good luck! i love ya tons

Kasi Lee said...

Kell, I am so proud of you! I really think you will be the best teacher ever! I LOVE YOU!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

you were featured in my last blog post. ALSO i copied your idea of making some letters bigger than others. i like that.

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

yay for goodreads!