Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Graduation!

On April 10, 2009, I hit a huge milestone in my life: graduation! I finished my degree in English Education, and it feels so strange not to be starting school with Josh this next semester. Although I am going to miss school, I am really loving the extra time that I have to read. In the time since I finished school, I have read The Wednesday Wars, the second and third Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and started The Atonement. Once an English major, always an English major, right?
It was so fun to have some of my family up for my graduation. Unfortunately, they make the graduation gowns the size of a circus tent. Thankfully, Josh bought me some really cute shoes to make up for it. :)















Marsha and Bob came to my graduation. I chose this picture because it displayed Bob's natural talent for looking like a big goof in most pictures. He's so funny. Bob and Marsha share have really got us hooked on American Idol. Bob agrees with me; Lil Rounds has got to go

My family also made an appearance. I especially like the look on my father's face. I wonder what he was thinking when this picture was taken. Here is my guess:
I wonder if I can see my job from here....
That man takes pride in his work. :)
I think Grandma Bonnie looks particularly vibrant in her purple sweater.

Altogether, it was a grand day, and not nauseatingly formal. Now it is just time to answer the question that looms in the mind of every college graduate: What next? Fortunately, a wise man (my father) once said (almost every day) that "everything has a way of working out."
So regardless of what my next step is, I know that it will be the right thing for me!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats Kelli!!! love the Stokes fam!

Natalie said...

I just found your blog!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look so adorable in your black gown! Where is the matching cap? I really want you to post some wedding photos!

Kasi Lee said...

Yay for updates! I am so proud of you! Hope things are going well with you two!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

I dared you and you did it! i'm so proud of my college grad. good job! i love those black shoes. you are the hippest friend. love ya! PS- don't forget i have af unny story for you

Katie Joyce said...

Your portrayal of Bob the Builder is uncannily correct. I'm impressed. Tell him I said hi!

And Kelli! I miss your face! It looks like your life is amazing and that makes me so happy!