Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Craft time!!!!!

With my new obsession for craft blogs, I have found about 50 projects that I want to do for my house. It was hard to decide where to start, but I found one that I didn't think would be too difficult for a beginner. From the blog "Make It and Love It," I found the hemp ball craft.

This project requires hemp, a few styrofoam balls, spraypaint, a hot glue gun, and a little time. Kristi and I have started working on them together, one or two at a time, and they have taken quite a bit longer than we expected, and we have burned our fingers more times than we can count on those same fingers. However, I know that when we finish, the finished product will be worth the work. Right? Or maybe it is just another excuse for Kristi and I to get together for some girl time... :)
I'll post some pictures when we finally get these flippin' things finished.
(The links to all my favorite craft blogs are at the bottom of the left column on this page!)

4 comments:

Caley said...

Oh I'm totally making these when I graduate!! I saw them a while back on that blog and knew I had to have them! haha I'm glad you liked them too! :)

Kasi Lee said...

That one is fun! Dane and I made a few of those last fall, and our fingers basically burned right off. There are some really cute ones that are covered in fabric too. It is nice for a quick, easy craft! Love ya, sis!

Chris said...

I made these a few years ago too -- I use rubber thimbles or any thimbles... when what I am making is burning me too much --- very cute & very worth it -- the kids play with them all the time & its ok cause they are not glass and they are not too heavy... so no one gets hurt. haha - can you tell what I think about. who's going to be hurt if I put this decoration out in my house... haha

Kellie Henry said...

Okay crafting is my weakness. I can't get enough! Love that idea and I can't wait to see all your pictures! I wish we lived close so we could craft together.