Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break!

I start day one of my spring break tomorrow! I have the next five days off to do whatever I want! Things on my list of things to do include: take naps, read books, watch movies, turn my closet under the stairs into my crafting haven, make some crafts in my closet under the stairs, get my hair done!

In other news, the past few weeks have been crazy! I have hired a head coach for the cheer program, Hayli Peterson. And I also hired my good friend Samantha Mortimer as an assistant coach. We also had cheer tryouts, and it was such a hard decision to make as we created the squads. We now have 6 on JV and 17 on varsity. We are going to be competing for sure this year, and we are thinking about going to nationals next spring, so we will have both squads compete together. We had our first practice today, and we have so many talented girls. I'm so excited. Already, with brand new stunt groups, the girls are doing with ease things that I thought would take weeks to work up to. Next week, the girls will be working on double full downs from heel-stretches and scales. Not too bad for our second practice, right?
One of the girls had to get surgery on her ACL the day after tryouts, so I get to stunt in here place until she heals up. I had so much fun with it today. I was pretty rusty, but it clicked pretty fast. My girls said, "What if I hurt you? You're my English teacher????" I thought that was funny. It's hard not to just feel like one of the girls sometimes........ This next year is going to be so much fun!!!!!!

2 comments:

Ryan and Krystal said...

Yea!!! How exciting! I can't wait to come and see your girls at a game or competition. You can Josh need to get your booties down here for some fun!

Brad&Stevie said...

Coaching is sooo much fun!!! You are going to love it! Just be careful... we (or should I just said I) are out of practice. I learned the hard way. I kept telling the girls that stunting can be dangerous if you don't do it right. The same day I dislocated my should stunting with the girls! I guess better me than them?!