Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dreams of the Moment

So, I have decided that I want to develop some hobbies. I want to list them here as a way to help me be accountable for them.
  1. I want to relearn to play the piano. After years of taking piano lessons and then abandoning the instrument completely, I want to once again be able to play. I'm super rusty, and I really sucked when I started anyway, so I just want to start fresh and just rock it. I have a corner of one of our extra bedrooms dedicated as my piano area. I set up the keyboard that Marsha (Josh's amazing mother) bought me for Christmas. This corner of the room is specifically dedicated to "my music." Can you tell that I'm trying to channel my inner Ross from Friends. hahaahaha. I love that episode. I told Josh that I'm going to put some posters of the Jonas Brothers up in the room and wear big headphones when I play so that it looks like I'm in a music studio. If anyone wants a job as my producer, the job opens up shortly and pays nothing. Let me know if you're interested. hahahahaah
  2. I have a list of books that I'm going to read in the next couple years. This list is conveniently located on the right side of my blog ---->. If I can do it in 2 years, it is about a book a week, which is manageable. The only problem with these books is that some of them are DOOSIES. So it is going to require a lot of time to chip away at the list. But I've already gotten through some, and right now I'm working on Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. Two thumbs up so far, except that the dialogue's dialect sometimes gives me a headache as I attempt to translate it into Kelli terms.
  3. I want to make amazing cards. I've finally collected everything I need (cricut, cuddle bug, paper, crafty accessories, envelopes, etc.) to make amazing cards. I've made a few sets. But I want to spend more time becoming more creative and crafty at making cards. Oh, and I probably should send them to someone so Josh won't keep giving me the *why are you making those* look every time I get my supplies out.
  4. I want to develop my skills in the art of photography. To read more about this ideal hobby desire, check out the small excerpt on the left by the cute camera. <---------
  5. I want to be a decorating fool. I found a blog that has inspired me to start refinishing furniture. Here is the link of the project that took my breath away: http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/2010/01/yellow-furniture.html (and here's a picture) So I'm going to start obsessively checking D.I., and I'm going to start practicing. I have a desk in our third bedroom that is old and charming, and I'm going to start by refinishing it white with a dark glaze over the top. I'm so excited!
  6. Now the real question is------WHERE DO I BEGIN? Luckily, with my teaching schedule, I will have the whole summer off to foster these hobbies. I can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments: