Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Life is CRAZY!!!

We made a last minute decision to head to Texas for an extended weekend to visit Josh's brother Bryan and his amazing family. I have a whole bunch of fun pictures of the kids, which I will post soon. It was such a fun trip, and we hope we can go back soon.
Also, in recent Cooper news, I now have a new job! The school that I wanted to work at earlier this year had a new position open up. My friend and former cooperating teacher, Amy Leatham, stepped down from her position to be with her son, who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. Her story breaks my heart. While I feel sad that it is her position I am filling, I am grateful for the opportunity. She is an amazing teacher, and I know her students will be excited for her to return next fall.
In the meantime, I'm going to try not to stress out too much as I prepare for the weeks ahead. I officially start at the beginning of January. The school wanted me to start the November 30, but I just can't leave The Buckle right now. My amazing boss would pull his hair out (or what is left of his hair. haha) So we will be hiring a sub for 3 weeks out of the pool of applicants for the position to teach my class for a few weeks until I am able to start. This has all happened so fast that my head is spinning! Just weeks ago, I had no idea that I would be teaching this school year! Life is crazy!

5 comments:

Kasi Lee said...

I'm glad you had fun in Texas, but I can't wait for your visit to Pocatello!

The Stewart said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the job!

Mike & Marla said...

Kelli! I it was so great to see you in the mall the other week.....you need to come see us sometime:) Do you remember where we live?

Kellie Henry said...

Congrats on the job!!! You will be awesome at it!

Drew and Whitney said...

Hi friend! Yay I found your blog. I'm adding you to my list. Long time no see...miss you. oh and by the way, i really say we let him go:)